Feb 11, 2017

Cherry Crunch Dessert



This recipe has been around for so long you probably already have it but just in case you don't I'll share.  I've come to find out that people in different sections of the country don't have some of what we think has been around so long everybody knows about it.  Sharing today this easy, quick, go to dessert when time is limited.  Not your from scratch recipe which is always best but a great substitute!





  


Ingredients

1 can cherry pie filling
1/2 box yellow cake mix
1/2 stick real butter
optional:  vanilla ice cream

That's it!


Instructions

Open and dump pie filling into small baking dish. Using half of a cake mix pour over filling. Next step you can cut the butter into 1/4 inch cubes and drop over the top evenly OR melt butter and pour over top of cake mix distributing as evenly as possible.
**Or you can take the cold butter and with a pastry cutter cut it into the cake mix.  Diana a friend of mine reminded me of this as well.

Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool slightly for extra crunch and top with vanilla ice cream.

It is easy, rich, filling and delicious!

Serves 4



4 comments:

  1. I used to make this all the time when I had kids home. It is also good with apple pie filling or blueberry pie filling. Hope you have a great weekend, Dolly! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they all used to be so blame good. Somebody told me not long ago that they had never heard of it and would I post the recipe which as we know is really not much of one. Dump and bake I love it and haven't made them in years. Weekend is going great had a visit with youngest today and it was great. Hope your weekend is going great Diana...xo Dolly

      Delete
  2. Oh this does look easy! Great pictures too! I have also made this with the blueberry but I like the sherry better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginger Dawn! Yes I love the blueberry, apple, peach and cherry! I made one tonight and it was so good!

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS