Oct 16, 2011

Genolia's Broccoli Cornbread



My sweet mother-in-law, Genolia passed this recipe to me. I have such fond memories of her and her wonderful recipes. My girls and I love this one, so I thought I would pass it along.



Baked in a 9" x 9" Pan for thicker cornbread



RECIPE


Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1 Box Jiffy Cornbread mix
1 Pkg. frozen chopped broccoli/thawed and drained
1 large onion chopped finely (optional)
6 oz. cottage cheese*  see note below
1 stick butter/melted
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp. salt

*note*
Substitution if you have no cottage cheese = same amount of sour cream

DIRECTIONS
In medium bowl

  • Beat eggs well
  • Add cottage cheese, melted butter, cornbread mix, drained broccoli, salt and onion (optional).
  • Mix with whisk or wooden spoon just until mixed. 
  • Do not over mix because it will make cornbread tough.
  • Pour into greased 9" x 9" pan.
  • Bake 15-25 minutes 400 degrees





 9" x 13" pan for thinner cornbread



It is so delicious, try it I think you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS