Sep 14, 2017

Make Your Own: Gentle Laundry Detergent With Softener



Hey Everybody!  I was having a day of laundry when it hit me; I haven't shared this DIY mixture of laundry detergent with you.  I say detergent but it is really laundry soap without some of the harmful detergents and additives found in laundry cleaners.  


A little Southern Traditions Tidbit:

You know we southerners have fond memories that we like to share associated with things.  Although this particular picture has nothing to do with laundry soap I can tell you that my mama probably had to use some by the time I finished playing on that particular day!


The picture above was taken when I was about four years old.  Can you see the pride in my face?  I had just designed a doll dress and oh how amazing it is. I'm smiling, this very well could be one of my daddy's handkerchiefs or an old fabric scrap from mama.  I don't remember.  All I know is that I'd been outside with daddy.  He was in the boat frame that he was building at the time.


Topic at Hand:  Laundry Soap.  

This makes a Big Batch
I thought it would be a little easier if you had a printable picture.

FREE PRINTABLE LAUNDRY MIXTURE
Just click on save pic then print.

**Note**
You may use for the base soaps Ivory Soap Bar
Dial White Unscented *if you can find it*

**Note**
The softener is in the Pink LIRIO Laundry Soap.  
You must use that particular soap for the softener.
I found mine at Amazon here

I named this Gentle and it is, but it also does a great job on regular soiled laundry. It works well on lights and darks, in cold, warm or hot water.


NEW TO LAUNDRY SOAP DIY?
The links below will help explain the process if you've never attempted to make your own.
I say if you haven't branch out! With a little effort you can save lots of money. You'll never be out of laundry cleaner again. You can always have the ingredients on hand. It only takes a little stocking of very few supplies. Save time, gas and money with making things on your own.
Stock Up On The Following
  • 20 Mule Team Borax  
  • *There are approximately 9.5 cups in one 76 oz. box of Borax.
  • Arm & Hammer Washing Soda  
  • *There are approximately 6.875 cups in a 55 oz. box of Washing Soda.
  • Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
  • Laundry Soaps of your choice read more about it....
  • Optional:
  • Oxi-Clean optional for added brightening 
  • Laundry Scents such as Downy UnStopables, Purex Crystals etc.
  • Essential Oils a variety for added scents

  • To make it even more simple 
  • Grate, 
  • Chop 
  • Store your soaps 
  • for quick anytime mixing. 

EXPERIENCED LAUNDRY SOAP DIY'ers 
If you are experienced in making your own you might like to see the Hibiscus House Laundry Soap Mixtures I've made and used for over 3 years!


I'm excited about and working on a homemade face lotion or cream.
Hope you have a great rest of the week!








No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS